Hello Master Malstrom,
I’ve got some new Mario worlds to suggest to you and they’re a bit different from the ones you’ve seen so far. Everyone’s been giving you worlds with a single theme but what I’ve realised is that the best worlds have more than one theme. For example, Pipe Maze in Mario 3 combines pipes and pirahna plants. Sky World has the cloud setting but also the land area with the spiral tower. Rather than playing to a single gimmick, many of Mario 3′s worlds mixed things up quite well. The classic Sonic games were even better at this, though, creating levels that really felt fleshed out. Forest + Mushrooms = Mushroom Hill Zone. Clouds + Ruined Castle = Sky Sanctuary Zone. Sonic 2′s Hill Top zone mixed up the lava caves with the mountain theme.
So here are a few world themes that are multi-faceted:
1) Treetop Forest – The trees are so close together that you can walk on top of them! Bird and creepy-crawlies pop out of the trees to take a bite out of Mario! You can take a more direct route under the canopy but there are even more ugly things lurking in the darkness!
2) Ghost Town – Mario’s got himself trapped in an old abandoned Wild West town! The Boos here are good shots so don’t stand in one place! At least they are when they’re sober. The more drunken Boos float erratically and may even collide with Mario by accident! Stay out of the saloon!
3) Cablecar Mines – It’s a loooong way down in these caves, you can’t even see the bottom. So it’s a good thing the miners have built this cablecar network to get around while they dig up the shiny crystals on the ceiling. Just look out for the falling crystals and the broken cables.
4) Anenome Reef – The Anenomes have grown tired of sitting in one place and so they’ve started walking on their tentacles and have taken over the entire reef! You’re going to have to fight through their sandcastles if you want to save the day!
5) Black Hole Station – Now you’ve done it! You’ve jumped into a teleporter without looking and now you’re in a space station being sucked into a black hole! Time’s-a-ticking! The gravity here is all kinds of messed up. Sometimes you’re jumping really high and other times you’re barely jumping at all! What were the Koopas using this space station for anyway? Why do I feel that something is watching me?
And that’s five but I’m sure I can think up some more of if you want. Thanks for reading!
Koopa Troopas and a space station? *cough* *cough*